Sunday 28 September 2014

Ninjago cake

So it was my eldest 9th birthday yesterday, he didn't have a party as his attitude has been abysmal! So instead he had a friend sleep over on Saturday and then we went out to my parents for a family dinner.

He requested a Ninjago cake, then decided that he wanted Kai from Ninjago. So off I went and baked the gluten, dairy and egg free cake layers, marbled as requested and then thought that I would attempt a coconut cream ganache for in between the layers.  Needless to say this did not end at all well and ended with the cakes and ganache in the bin! So I sent hubby off to buy two boxes of normal chocolate cake mix at 8.45 on Saturday night!!! So cakes baked and icing made I finally went off to bed at around 1am on Sunday morning!  I decorated the cake on Sunday day and the results are below, all iced with Buttercream icing with a chocolate buttercream in between the layers.

The finished product.

The picture I used for reference.
It was delicious. Next it's our youngest's birthday on Wednesday so more Ninja turtles cakes to make for family dinner on Wednesday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment